Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Decoding Autism

 Last night I (Natalie) found the information that PBS in New Jersey was doing a documentary on Autism and I knew I needed to watch it. LeMira and I simultaneously watched it together. We IM'd back and forth the things we found interesting. There were a few things that I took away from it that I wanted to share. I am sure that LeMira might have a few more that she will want to share.

1. There was nothing I could have done to prevent it or detect it before birth.
2. I am not alone in this. There are so many other parents out there struggling with the same things.
3. Research is being done in order to give me more answers.
4. I am already doing the best thing that can be done, being an advocate for my children.



So if you have an hour free, please watch this video. We aren't anywhere close to understanding Autism but with more and more information and Research it is only a matter of time!

Decoding Autism

No comments: